Good Morning Friends!
I am so excited to be kicking off a new series of recipes from popular MMORPG video game, Guild Wars 2. As an avid gamer with my husband, I enjoy seeing what recipes video game designers bring into their content. Guild Wars 2 is a wonderful, popular game that has utilized many recipes to help players level their characters and enjoy stat boosts. We will be beginning with the Novice Recipes under the Guild Wars 2 Chef Training, and exploring each recipe all the way up to Master level. I hope you all enjoy these recipes!
In the game, players begin their chef training by creating a “ball of dough”. This is a simple mixture of flour, water, and butter.
I decided to take the Guild Wars 2 concept and spin this basic recipe into TWO different ways:
- An edible cookie dough recipe
- A basic, yet delicious pie crust recipe
Now let’s dive into these recipes! 🙂
Raise your hand if you love cookie dough? I’m raising both hands over here. I have always loved cookie dough. From cookie dough ice cream… to cookie dough bites at the movie theater… to eating raw cookie dough from a batch of cookies, I swoon each and every time I whip up a dozen. But we have to be careful when eating raw cookie dough. We don’t want to end up getting sick from raw eggs or raw flour! No, no, no that simply won’t do. This basic edible cookie dough keeps the taste of chocolate chip cookies without adding any egg at all. The trick to making this dough taste amazing is to let it chill for at least 1 hour. It will firm up and be divine! I promise ❤
Edible Cookie Dough (aka A Ball of Dough!)
Makes: 2-3 cups worth
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Begin by toasting the flour on a baking pan in a preheated oven at 350 degrees (F) for 5 minutes. (It will totally smell like pancakes AND burn off any bacteria!).
- Cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a stand mixer.
- Add in the flour and beat together. Then add in the milk and let the stand mixer go until the dough pulls together.
- Form into a ball of dough and chill in the fridge COVERED for at least 1 hour. (The longer it chills the better it will be!).
- Eat and enjoy! You’ve earned it! ❤
Basic Pie Dough
Makes: 1 pie crust
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup ice water
- In a stand mixer add the flour and salt.
- Next add the pieces of butter while churning slowly.
- Add in the ice water and beat the dough faster in the mixer until it forms together into a ball of dough, but do not over mix! You still want to see clumps of butter streaked throughout the dough.
- Once the ball of dough forms, wrap it in cling wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes (or longer).
- Use the pie dough in your favorite recipe! 🙂 Enjoy! You’ve earned it! ❤